Introducing your 4-year old to School
Our induction programme includes:
- Children visiting our school for Christmas entertainment.
- Starting school can be a stressful experience. To give the teacher the opportunity to get to know your child, arrangements are made to spend some time in school. Children make visits with their playgroup during Activity Week in the summer term.
- “Getting Ready for School” - a meeting for parents to find out about the school and ask questions.
- Continuous support from staff in supporting your child in Literacy and Maths.
- Tapestry - online learning journey for parents to see what their child has been up to in school. Daily and weekly observations are added to Tapestry.
Our feeder playgroups are Little Pickles, Newent Early Years and Whippersnappers. We also visit other playgroups in the area too. The Reception staff do yearly visits to the preschools to meet the children and join in with their daily activities.
If you are a new parent thinking of sending your child to our school please contact the school to have a look around and meet the children and staff.
The Starting School Meetings will commence after the May half term when your child has been allocated a school. You are more than welcome to make an appointment if you wish to change schools and would like to meet us.